Sunday, May 8, 2016

Project Premiere/World Class, Day 8: Topping It Off


Now, we come to the last of the Benzes. We've already seen a trio of stellar examples: the beastly AMG 560 SEC, the classy 600 SEL, and the racy C-Class GTC. Picking a favorite or a "best" among the three is a rather difficult task. I picked the GTC as my favorite, but there's no loser in the group. Allow me to throw another one into the mix. The Mercedes-Benz 500 SL.

This is one good-looking convertible, unlike the abomination that is the current SL. What happened, Mercedes?


Matchbox's 500 SL casting appears in both the World Class and the Premiere series. The World Class release is a stunning black-over-silver two-tone while the Premiere colorways are the two you see here in addition to a solid black. I'm going to patiently wait for the right price on the World Class model. It looks to be the best of the bunch, but I must keep my bidding finger from being trigger-happy.

I've always felt that silver was the most fitting color for this car, but since that's not an option, the dark blue is the Premiere you want. It comes with the multi-spoke wheels that are my favorite among the wheel variations. It also comes with a two-tone interior in dark and light shades of grey. We need another space on the ballot for this one.











This concludes the Mercedes-Benz portion of the Project Premiere/World Class features. Tomorrow, we move on to another manufacturer. Should I keep it going with the Germans? Should I represent the other Europeans? Should I switch it up and move across the Atlantic, into domestic territory? Let me know what you would like to see most! I've got a lot of ammo left and I'm not afraid to use it!




No comments:

Post a Comment