Monday, May 16, 2016

Project Premiere/World Class, Day 14: Catching Up


Miss me?

You may have noticed that I've been on a hiatus lately. Three days and no features? What's up with that?

Not to worry. Nothing has happened with me; I just needed a little time off from diecast and blogging to focus on my other interests. I'm back now, and it's time to get the ball rolling again. I've got some catching up to do, and you will see me spontaneously post features at various times of the day until I get caught up with the days. Let's begin!


This is the first truly vintage car that I've featured during Premiere/World Class month. There aren't a lot of them across both lines, and perhaps that may be for good reason. Anyways, let's see what you guys think about this Jaguar XK120 convertible.


As you can already tell, the Premiere treatment isn't exactly for cars of this era. Wide wheels definitely don't work here, even though these aren't even wide by Premiere standards. Not even the white wall tires can hide that. The casting itself isn't that bad, but my god, look at those huge gaps between the wheels and the fenders! I'm not fond of the wheel design either. They look downright cheap and don't have that classic vibe. As I'm looking through these photos myself, this model actually looks better here than in person. Compare this to the newer XK120 SE casting by Matchbox and it's a no brainer which one is better.


This also appears in black and has a release in the World Class line. Will I be rushing to get those? Hell no. But if the opportunity comes up, either for a very good price or as part of a lot, I wouldn't mind.







No comments:

Post a Comment