Thursday, May 19, 2016

Project Premiere/World Class, Day 15: Jaaaaaaaag


Boy, I'm falling further and further behind on these features. Not only that, I'm running out of things to say about these models. Really, they're all so similar yet so different. Different models, yes, but all done up in more or less the same way. You may have noticed that all the cars are very simplistic, in a good way. They've been represented in stock form, without wild graphics or tacky add-ons. That just might be the best feature of the Premiere and World Class lines. Whereas most other Matchbox from this era have crazy paint schemes and unrealistic designs, these are very golden-era-Matchbox-esque, except that these came first. I'm Christopher Columbus; y'all just the Pilgrims.


Today's feature is from a sub-series of the Premiere series that I haven't yet introduced. Or maybe I did, but only very briefly. This Jaguar XK8 is part of a 2-pack from the Premiere: First Edition line. You might see it called the Inaugural Release or Inaugural Collection if you're browsing around on the web. The bottom line is this: you get two versions of the same cast in the 2-pack, one painted and one raw, zamac, unpainted, whatever you want to call it. This red Jag, obviously, is the former.


I wish I had the raw version for comparison, but I don't. The reason is because I got this one, loose, as part of a large lot of Premieres in which its counterpart wasn't included. Luckily for you, I do have other castings in their raw and painted versions, which you may see at some point later this month. More on that in the future. Let's focus on this Jag for now, because it's perfect.





No comments:

Post a Comment