Saturday, May 7, 2016

Project Premiere/World Class, Day 7: Because Racecar


Today's feature comes a little later than usual. I got a bit distracted with other things (other hobbies, in fact) and didn't get around to doing the photoshoot until very late last night. However, I hope that you'll find this one to be worth the wait. It's the Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Class GTC and it's my favorite Matchbox Premiere of them all.

Why? The title of this post is your answer.


Look, I'm not even a racing nut. I love driving and I love racing games, but I'm completely indifferent to watching other people loop the same track for hours on end, gaining maybe a few feet of distance every couple of minutes. I can spend all day shaving a few tenths off my personal record in a video game but can't watch a minute of racing without changing the channel at least once. There are better things I'd rather be doing. You know, like watching a real sport. Shots fired!


I kid though. What can make it worthwhile, however, are the cars. Colorful liveries, seriously wide bodykits, ridiculously low profiles, and massive wings are always worth a good look.

This one takes a run-of-the-mill compact luxury sedan and turns it into a racing machine. The metallic silver/neon orange colorway is what really sets it apart. It looks rather familiar, doesn't it? This is the Speed Machines McLaren F1 GTR before the Speed Machines McLaren F1 GTR. In my haste last night, I neglected to put the pair together for a photo. I'll get around to it later today. To those of you who follow me on Instagram, keep an eye out!


In the Premiere series, this is the only one you'll find. It's not rare, nor does it cost much on the secondary market. In other words, you must get one right now. Don't tell me you don't want one of these as your desk buddy. The "wheels are too wide" excuse won't work on this one. Because racecar.









No comments:

Post a Comment