Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Project Premiere/World Class, Day 10: Getting Some Air


I apologize for the numerous delays recently. My goal is to have every feature up on the blog, every morning, at 6 AM PST. That means I have to photograph the cars, edit the photos, and write my posts the night before and schedule them to go live in the morning. Lately, I haven't been able to fulfill that goal. There are days when the ideas are flowing and everything happens effortlessly. Then, there are days when the tank is running low and everything is a drag. You can tell by the quality of my work. On some days, the photography is uninspiring; on others, the writing is rushed and I feel like I'm repeating the same thing over and over again. I've been caught up in some other interests, which leaves me less time and energy for blogging. However, I will get one feature done every day for the rest of this month, and that's a promise. They just might come a little later than usual.

Sometimes, you just need to get some air, which makes today's feature the perfect one.


The BMW Z3. It's not the ///M Roadster that all of us car guys love, but it's the one you actually have a chance of seeing on the streets every day. You see it here in two different styles. The blue one has the multi-spoke wheels with the tan interior. The silver has the BBS-esque wire wheels with the red interior. There's a third, in red, that eludes me.



You'll also notice that they sport different license places. James-Z? Not a clue what that means. Z3 4 ME? No thanks. Not my ride of choice but that doesn't make these Matchbox Premiere models any less desirable. Curiously, the blue one has some black trim between the taillights. I don't think I've ever seen that on any Z3, but I guess it goes along with today's trend of people "blacking out" parts of their cars.


These are the last BMW's from the Premiere or World Class series that I own. There are a couple more castings, the 5-series and 6-series, that are quite hard to come by. The 5-series, in particular, is especially rare despite the claimed "25,000" production number. I missed my chance of getting one a couple months ago, but I won't make the same mistake the next time.

I'll see you again tomorrow then! I think you'll like what I have coming up!















No comments:

Post a Comment