Monday, October 31, 2016

The 1/18 BMW M3 (F80) Sedan, by GT Spirit


Yas.

Four is always greater than two. I'm always more partial towards 4-door vehicles. The overall shape looks more balanced. You get much more utility out of the extra space. What if you could have a sports car that you can actually bring all your friends and family (and their baggage) along for the ride, without them crushing each other to death right behind you? What if you wanted fun and practicality?

Well, that's exactly what this car is all about. This is GT Spirit's BMW M3 Sedan, 1/18 scale, in Yas Marina Blue.


I just can't get enough of GT Spirit these days. Their models are pure perfection. Perfectly crafted to look just like the real thing. Are they plastic? Yes, but there's zero evidence here of cost-cutting. The details are excessive inside and out. Do they lack opening parts? Yes, but how often do you really open the doors of your little toy cars? Moreover, do you actually display them open or closed? The wheels barely rotate, but who's going to be rolling these across their desks?

I was once a doubter, in the same shoes as many other collectors who gripe about the increasing shift towards sealed resin models. When I got my first one, I was actually surprised with how sturdy and weighty they were. I was impressed. Then, I got my second. And my third. Perhaps a couple more to add to that as well. And the more of these that entered my hands, the more I started to like them. In fact, besides AUTOart, there's no other brand I would take, at this price range, than GT Spirit.

If they all looked this good, I'd like to have more plastic, please.



















No comments:

Post a Comment