Friday, October 7, 2016

A Titanium Trio: Three Models From M2 Machines' Latest Titanium Series


This just might be M2's best series to date.


It's the Walmart-exclusive Titanium series, and it's exactly what it sounds like - a showcase of some of their strongest and best castings, in the cool metallic color that we all love, finished off with earthy brown interiors. If there's been a better release by M2, I surely haven't seen it in the year-plus that I've been collecting them. Shown here are the '71 Dodge Charger R/T, '70 Ford F-100 Custom, and '58 Chevrolet Apache. Not shown here are the '68 Shelby GT500KR 'vert, '70 Olds 442, and '49 Custom Merc. All six models are well worthy of occupying your dwindling shelf space; these three are the ones that stood out to me the most.


I'd like to thank The Bell King over at LaLD for helping me scoop up a couple of these models, the Charger and the F-series. He is quite the lucky dude, always managing to find the latest releases before the rest of us do. These never saw the light of day in my neck of the woods, and based on the buzz that this series generated, they likely sold out before I could get to them. I did manage to snatch the Apache later on while I was out of town, but that's a different story.


The Charger is obviously my favorite of the group, because Mopar or no car. The '71 also happens to be the best-looking generation, in my opinion, with its sleek body lines compared to the boxier generations of prior (the '69 and '70 are shockingly absent from M2's casting lineup).











A neat little touch that M2 has added to these models is the "Titanium" logo on the front fenders and rear windows of each car. And if you look more closely, you'll see the "22" superscript, denoting the material's atomic number. The geek in me approves.

















No comments:

Post a Comment