Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Project Premiere/World Class, Day 22: Ferrari 308 GTB



Back at it with the Premiere/World Class features again.

It's been a while, but I hope you missed seeing these during the hiatus. Or, at the very least, I hope these features helped open your eyes to a great (in my opinion) series that doesn't get a whole lot of love around the internet. Maybe they've even convinced some of you to acquire some of these models for yourself. As for myself, I've still got a long way to go before completing my checklist. There are some castings that I will completely skip - semi-trucks, emergency vehicles, and fantasy rides - yet at the same time there are a number of rare, hard-to-find releases that I will patiently wait out until a reasonable price pops up.

Today, we have the classic Ferrari 308 GTB.


This is actually one of the harder-to-find releases from the World Class series. Arguably, it's also the most desirable; ending bid amounts typically go into the double-digit range - rather high for a World Class model. It's also the only 308 GTB done in the Premiere/World Class style, with the extra details and "real riders", sans the wide wheel syndrome. You'll have to live with the chrome windows, but this particular model is about as sane as it gets.








No comments:

Post a Comment