Monday, August 29, 2016

Mopar or No Car: Two Classic Chargers From Greenlight


When it comes to classic muscle, nothing beats Mopar. I don't know who's fastest around the track, but I know who's gonna be winning the beauty contest. And it's definitely not going to be anything from GM or Ford. Case in point: these two right here, a metallic olive green '68 Charger and a bright red '70 Charger topped with a white roof.


Both are by Greenlight. In my opinion, they are the best when it comes to muscle cars in 1/64. When I first started blogging, I posted about them all the time because I couldn't stop myself from grabbing their cars off the pegs. This stuff seriously looks good, despite quality issues, super fat tires, wobbly stance, and what have you. It's been a dry spell here as of late, and there hasn't been much new product to choose from. I would not order these online because of said quality issues; you really have to inspect each model before buying.

However, I did manage to find some releases here and there, and I think I struck gold by picking up this pair.


The '68 comes from the GL Muscle series, which is really the quintessential Greenlight product line. The '70 comes from the somewhat-new Barrett Jackson series, which is essentially an extension of the GL Muscle line. As I said, they do muscle better than the competition. They do classic muscle car wheels better than everyone else. Greenlight also has great taste when it comes to paint selection and paint schemes. They don't overdo the designs and throw flames on everything. Just simple, clean, and period-correct decos.

Enjoy this wonderful pair.

That olive green though...














No comments:

Post a Comment