Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Coming For The Title: Kyosho's Enters the Competition with its Nissan GT-R NISMO

First, TLV. Then Oversteer. Now we have a third contestant. Kyosho brings its Nissan GT-R (R35) NISMO into the mix.

I'm all for it. I'll take as many of these as they want to make. The R35 GT-R is my second favorite of the Godzilla family. I've loved it since day one. While some may call it ugly, personally, I'm a huge fan of the design. That catfish grille is all good with me. Love that big bulge created by the front fenders. Love the side profile with its angular, sloping roofline and invisible A-pillar. The rear fascia is nothing short of iconic, incorporating the legendary R34 taillights with a more streamlined and better-looking shape. Those gigantic exhaust pipes though.

The standard GT-R is already a supercar killer. I guess the NISMO is supposed to be the hypercar killer. The car that was once rumored to have a 0-60 time of 2 seconds flat. It may not have achieved that, and it's not quite in the realm of the Holy Trinity, but it's a beast in its own right.


How good is this one? Let's just say it's pretty damn good. When I unpackaged it, I could've sworn I was looking at the TLV. I will have a comparison between the two within the next few days. Like I alluded to in a previous post, there is a pretty clear winner in my book.
















No comments:

Post a Comment