Friday, September 16, 2016

Make It Double: Another 1/18 R35 GT-R From Kyosho...


This time in Black Obsidian.

I won't go too in depth about this model as I already did so just a couple weeks ago. You won't want to read it and I don't want to write it either. Let's just say that I liked that silver one enough to go and get a second. Kyosho did a fantastic job with the model and it's one of the best you can get in eighteenth scale. Plus, I was offered a price that was hard to resist, taking into account both the rarity and value of these high-end scale model GT-R's. For a flat hundred, I took it. And who knows, I might end up with the whole damn rainbow when it's all said and done.


Yes, it's a used model. You can see the scratches on the paint, all the swirls and even water marks here and there. Hard to hide those behind gloss black. You probably won't notice this, but the rear grille insert below the bumper is bent inward. The rear GT-R badge is a little off. If you were thinking there's a catch somewhere, well, there it is.

But it will get some bumps and bruises along the way, which is why I didn't care one bit about the defects. Heck, I might have this model lying on the floor at some point and accidentally step on it. Or maybe my dog will. Or a lowly Hot Wheels might slip out of my hands and fall on Godzilla's hood. Doesn't matter. You don't buy these models only to never see them again. They were not meant to be stored in a box and stashed in the closet. You take them out, display them, stare at them, and play with them every once in a while. You know, like opening the compartments and rolling it back and forth across the table. I'm not saying abuse your toys, but toss aside any notion of perceived value and actually enjoy them.















You be the judge; I'll be the jury. Black ain't bad, but the Super Silver still looks better.


No comments:

Post a Comment