Monday, June 6, 2016

Project Premiere/World Class, Day 19: Tres Quattros

 

In the last feature, I briefly hinted that I had a few more examples of the castings shown there. Well, here's one of them. I'm not much of a fan of concept cars per se, and I don't collect many of them, but this is one that has grown on me quite a bit. This is the Audi Avus Quattro, and I have it here in three different colorways. While the gold one from the previous post still takes the cake, the chrome is a sight to behold.


Curiously, this is the only Audi in either the Premiere or the World Class series. Just as I'm not a fan of concept cars, Audi's don't tickle my fancy either, but I feel they should've been more well-represented. In any case, we get this concept car instead of a "real" car. Naturally, Matchbox had to replicate it in its signature chrome color. Hot Wheels also has a casting for this car, but it's nowhere close to the real thing. Forget that one and get this one. Attentive readers may notice something off with the chrome example shown here...


Yes, that is an error. The model should come with five-spokes all around. I'm not sure whether to be excited by this or not. On the one hand, I don't collect errors, and a mismatched-wheel error is certainly not the most desirable. It only means I have to go through the process of obtaining a "correct" example. On the other hand, it's a unique piece to add to my growing Premiere collection. When you try to collect all the models of a particular series, it's always nice to have all of the variants out there.


Meanwhile, the red one is a bit of a snooze. It's part of the Select Class sub-series of the Premiere Collection. That means it's a retailer exclusive, in this case, a Walmart exclusive. To complete the collection, there is also a white one that shouldn't be hard to find at all. No rush though; I think I have the two best colorways already.










No comments:

Post a Comment