Saturday, June 4, 2016

Project Premiere/World Class, Day 18: European Exclusives


Today's feature focuses not on one particular casting, model, or manufacturer, but a sub-series of the Premiere Collection. We all know Matchbox's history of catering to the European market. You may have heard about ROW (Rest Of World) Matchbox if you've been collecting for a while now. The Superfast series that I posted about the other day has its own set of European-exclusive models. Well, the Premiere series does too. Exactly how many, I have no clue, but more is always better.


If you look closely at the boxes, you'll notice there's something different about them, and that's the label on the upper right corner, printed in German, telling you that these models are limited to a 12,000 production run. "Normal" Premieres have a production number of 25,000. While neither of those numbers signify rarity, the European models don't appear very often. I'm very happy to have acquired four of them, and I present them to you here.

The green Mercedes-Benz 600SEL has been near the top of my wish list. I've shown the other colorways here on the blog, and it's one of my favorites of the Premiere line. Now, I have a fourth in the collection, with one more (dark blue) to go. This really is one of the must-haves, even if you don't like the Premiere styling with the fat wheels. For good measure, I have gathered the four of them for a little group photo session.



The other three castings here haven't been featured yet, but they will soon. I won't spoil the others for now, but I will say this: the European models have some of the best colorways for their respective castings, the Avus in particular.






















No comments:

Post a Comment