Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Truck Yeah! Two From Greenlight's Country Roads Series 13


In diecast, there is such an emphasis on sports cars. They're flashy, they appeal to people of all ages, and they fly off the pegs. Everybody makes Mustangs, Camaros, Skylines, exotics, you name it. And I'm sure every collector has at least a few of them as well. I myself have at least a few dozen of each. However, not every diecast company makes the trucks, vans, and commuter cars that you see on the roads every day. That's where Greenlight comes in. They fill the niche for all the other cars that those other companies don't make. From tow trucks to trailers to vintage police cars, Greenlight has a little bit of everything, in addition to their already solid lineup of iconic muscle cars from the 60's and 70's.


That's without mentioning the kind of detail that they put into their models. They're truly one of the best in that department on this side of the continent. That's why I keep buying their products. For today, we have a pair of vintage trucks from the Country Roads series. One is a 1972 Chevrolet C10 with a topper in the back. The other is a 1976 Dodge B-100 Street Van. Both have unique graphics with colors that pop. Let's see which one tickles your fancy. Maybe both of them do!


First is the Dodge B-100 van. Let's just say that I know next to nothing about either of these models. I just know that they look good. That alone makes them worth having in my eyes. I love collecting what I call "normal" cars. This one certainly fits that category and that's why I was eager to snatch it off the pegs. These are the kinds of cars that would look great in any diorama. Not that I have one or anything, but it's something I may consider doing in the future.


As you can tell already, full details all around. The grille printing is a bit off; I don't think it should be curved like that. One thing that Greenlight really excels at are wheels, not just on this model but on everything they make. The wheels on this one fit the vehicle perfectly and are very era-appropriate.





The real gem of Series 13 is this Chevy C10. I'm shocked that I was even able to find this at all. I love the tribal-like graphics on the side, from the bright colors to the eagle (?) design. We get some beautifully molded wheels with white-lined tires. To top it all off, we get a removable truck topper. See what I did there?




The topper is a clear plastic piece with realistic printing. It simply slots into the bed of the truck, with no attachments of any kind. It will fall off if you turn the truck upside down.


It also seems that the hood is cast shut. It's too bad that these models no longer have the opening features they used to have. It's not a deal-breaker for me, and I can understand that companies need to find ways to cut production costs. As long as they keep the detail high and the quality acceptable, I will always come back for more.

So that concludes today's feature. Two more great models to add to my ever-growing fleet of realistic 1/64 scale cars. See ya next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment