Saturday, March 26, 2016

Gallo 12 or Gallo 24? Greenlight's 1/43 F&F Series, Part 2


Neither.

I love 2 Fast 2 Furious, the second movie in the series. It's by far the funniest, the most suspenseful, and has the baddest villain of the franchise. And it doesn't need Dominic Toretto to perform his ridiculous superhero-like acts to make it good. The most memorable car from that movie? This one right here.


It's the Nissan Skyline GT-R R34. Instantly recognizable just by the blue gradient striping on the side. For a car that barely received any screen time, it sure has become one of the most popular cars of the franchise. If I had a dollar for every time I see someone replicate this car in Need For Speed, I'd have enough money to buy the real one. But for now, I'll settle with this miniature.


Of the three models I have, this one is my favorite. Ironically, it's also the most inaccurate. Take a look at the stripes on this model and the way they're angled. Then, find an image on google of the movie car, and you'll see that Greenlight did this one totally wrong. Yet, my eyes still dart towards this one every time I look towards my diecast shelf. Maybe it's the Skyline fanboy in me. Maybe it's the catchy livery. Or maybe it's just that this is such a great looking piece regardless of accuracy.


As usual, Greenlight knocks it out of the park with the details. The license plate is there. The aftermarket decals are there. There are even slotted rotors with red brake calipers. OK, maybe the rear wing is a little crooked, but I can forgive that. Not bad. Not bad at all.






No comments:

Post a Comment