Thursday, March 17, 2016

It's St. Patty's Day! Here's a Couple Holiday Themed Cars for the Occasion!


I started collecting diecast about seven years ago. I remember being able to find all the cars I wanted back in the day. When it came to Hot Wheels, that meant walking up to the pegs and finding tons of exotics and imports, cars that I've always liked. I also remember those were the days when Holiday-themed series were actually good. Great, in fact. Valentine's, St. Patrick's, Christmas, you name it. Good casting choices with nice colorways and attractive decos, and all definitely worth getting. Nowadays, they all seem very uninspired and lacking effort. Granted, the older stuff retailed for double the price, but I would gladly pay that, if not more, for a more well thought out product. Here are two to take us back to the good ol' days.


First is the Chevy Corvette C6. It's not a Grand Sport, Z06, or ZR1. Just a regular 'Vette, but a nice one nonetheless. St. Patrick's Day colors all around. I love the little touches on this model, especially the clover and "317" printed on the front fenders, there just in case you forget it actually is a St. Patty's car.





And then there's this limousine, or Limozeen, rather. I rarely ever purchase generic castings, but I made an exception for this one back in the day. How could I not? This one screams St. Patrick's Day. Big, bold 4-leaf clover on the hood. Wild green flames running through the side. Oh, in case you didn't notice, it also flat-out says "St. Patrick's Day". If Hot Wheels is going to throw a bunch of generic castings in its Holiday cars, they should at least be as good as this one. 




So, with that being said, Happy...


...and good luck hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment