Friday, March 11, 2016

Keep on Truckin': Greenlight's All-Terrain Series 3


You know that feeling when you think you already have enough of a particular casting or model but then you see something on the pegs that you just can't leave behind? That's exactly what happened to me yesterday when I came across these:


More trucks! I never thought I would need another Ram, or another Silverado, but I do. These are from the All-Terrain series, equipped with all the off-road gear that you will need for such adventures. Lifted ride heights, meaty tires, roll cages, guards, you name it. The Ram even has an extra wheel in the back, just because.


I know I've posted a lot of Greenlight lately, but trust me, I do collect a very wide range of diecast brands and models. It's just I've been extremely fortunate that the stores near me have stocked a good amount of new Greenlight product. And I can never say no to Greenlight. They make the kinds of models that you don't find elsewhere, and the detail level is top-notch. Having gone through the ups and downs of collecting for years, I would always recommend one thing to up-and-coming collectors: quality over quantity. Rather than buy a bunch of mediocre, not-as-detailed, but cheap product, save that and splurge on a few high-quality, high-detailed pieces. Like these.


Let's check out this Chevy Silverado. One of the many fantastic new castings from Greenlight. More specifically, this one is of the Z71 trim level. The off-road modifications includes lifted suspension, aftermarket wheels with off-road tires, bumper guards, foglights, and roll cage.





And then we have the Dodge Ram. This one has a bit more equipment than the Silverado, including a spare wheel and extra gasoline in the back. It rides on the same wheels as the Silverado, but in body-matching color. Interestingly, the hood is also done up in carbon fiber. Not exactly something you see often on trucks, but hey, it's all good!




From these photos, you can see that there is something funky going on with the wheels. A lot of them, especially on the Silverado, aren't straight! That's because the part where the axle connects with the wheel is bent. It's a quality issue I was hoping I wouldn't have to mention. It's a fairly common issue with a lot of the premium diecast brands; just make sure to check closely before you grab it. If you're paying premium price, you want premium product. That's really my only complaint here.

Nonetheless, I can shake off these minor defects and admire them for the unique pieces that they are. As stated in the title, keep on truckin'!




No comments:

Post a Comment