Wednesday, April 13, 2016

When It's Going Good, It's Going Great: The Other Half of Auto World Release 4


I consider myself quite fortunate. Fortunate to have found any Auto World Release 4 on the pegs at all. Fortunate that I have even one Walmart nearby that has put out the new product. I know a few collectors out there that have been dying to get their hands on these but have seen nothing but old stock. That was last week.

Well, the streak continues. The other day, I stumbled upon a second Walmart with these new Auto World releases. Then, yesterday, a third.

The result? What you see below.


These are the other three models of Release 4. I've shown the first three recently. Those were the Mustang, Grand Prix, and Barracuda. Today, I'm showing the other three: a hot pink Challenger, a silver Firebird, and a dark blue Polara. The first two are essentially recolors of existing castings. That being said, they are absolutely must-haves, because these might be the best colorways yet.


By the way, did I mention hot pink? I think it's pretty clear by now that I have an affinity for anything pink. Mopar and pink (and purple, for that matter) go hand in hand.

This particular Challenger is ever so slightly different than its predecessors. We've gotten the Rallye and the R/T, and now we have the T/A. I quite enjoy collecting various trims of the same car. Some may think it's just a waste of money. Others, like myself can appreciate all the small details and minute differences.



Then there's this understated, silver Firebird.

Wait, what? Why isn't it black? Wouldn't black contrast better with the flaming chicken on the hood?


No, ladies and gentlemen. We've already gotten way too many black Firebirds in the past, not necessarily from Auto World, but from every other diecast brand, more or less. Don't worry, I was in the same boat as the rest of you. This was the one I couldn't care less about. Now it's the one I couldn't care more about. By some miracle, the metallic silver works fabulously. I think I have a new favorite 'Bird in the collection. Pick one, any one. Fire, Thunder, Blue; this one's the best.



Last is this Dodge Polara. Look, I have no idea what this car is, yet I had to pick it up. That's just how good Auto World is. They have the passion for detail, accuracy, and quality it takes to make you want a model of a car you wouldn't blink twice at even if it was sitting in your garage.


As if you couldn't tell already, Auto World nailed all of them. Superb detail paired with superb quality for a price less than its direct competitors; it doesn't get any better than this. That's how you take the world by storm and change the game. Kudos to Auto World for recognizing that. We're all just the beneficiaries.




No comments:

Post a Comment