Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Blown Away: The Hot Wheels K-Day Mail-In Blown Delivery


It's not often that I participate in the K-Day mail-in offers. Quite frankly, I've only done it once before, and I've attended more than a dozen K-Day's by now. It's not that the promotional cars are bad. In fact, they're awesome, every single one of them. You really can't mess up when you put Spectraflame paint on metal/metal castings and then throw some Real Riders on that sucker.

The real reason behind it is I can never find twenty models worth buying at K-Day. If I'm lucky, I'll walk out with six or seven cars; most of the time, I'm more than satisfied with just a handful. There just aren't enough realistic castings in each case to get me interested in buying twenty cars. Add to that the fact that I never bought duplicates and it becomes quite clear how difficult it is to mix and match twenty cars for the sake of one shiny, exclusive, promotional model.


Rules are meant to be broken.

And broke them, I did.


It goes without saying that this model is absolutely fantastic. The Blown Delivery is one of those castings that Hot Wheels saves for special releases, usually for its own RLC members. Not being an RLC member, this was a golden opportunity for me to acquire this beast of a casting. I ended up grabbing a bunch of duplicates to reach the 20-car mark. Maybe I'll trade away the duplicates. Maybe I'll sell them somewhere down the line. Either way, it was twenty dollars well spent, because this one is worth it all.


Not bad, Hot Wheels. Not bad. This is how you do a promotional model, to make collectors like myself go out there and buy more than we really should.

Revel in this beauty!





No comments:

Post a Comment