Saturday, July 9, 2016

A Hot Hatch: The TLV-N Honda Civic SiR-II



Some things just don't make sense. Like spending $20 on a 2-inch model of a Honda Civic.

I bet you could find me a 1:1 that costs less.


The good thing is I'm not the only one falling for this shenanigans. This is the Honda Civic SiR-II from the much-heralded Tomica Limited Vintage Neo line. Older releases of this model go for insane resale prices. Therefore, it's probably a wise decision to grab these while they're available. I received this in a package from Japan Booster the other day (and I would highly recommend them to anyone searching for Tomica or Kyosho models):


The GT-R's are for another day. You've seen them before here, just in different colors. The Civic is a first for me, so it was more "exciting", so to speak.

There's also a dark green one with gold five-spoke wheels, but I chose the duller grey with the cheap-looking blade wheels. Why?

I wanted to see just how good Tomytec is. Those wheels aren't easy to replicate at this scale. But they pulled it off very, very well, and that's what you expect when you spend too much money on a miniature of a mundane car.


As usual, Tomytec puts all the details of the real car into the model. I'm a fan of the blue interior, which I've heard is 100% accurate based on the trim model of this car. The wheels are a bit grainy, but I'm glad the spaces between the spokes are blacked out to give it that depth that many other TLV models are lacking.

Realistically, was it worth $20 to me? Probably not, but I'm not regretting it either.















No comments:

Post a Comment