Friday, November 25, 2016

It's A Black (Series) Friday!


Stay safe out there today, everybody. You wouldn't fight over a generic Hot Wheels casting, so don't trample other people to get those generic-branded electronics.

Though there aren't a whole lot of smoking deals for diecast collectors, at least we can be happy with the fact that holiday season means stores are getting in new stock early and often. If there's any better time to start hunting for that elusive Hot Wheels or Matchbox release, it's now.

I've had a busy week hunting and hauling myself, online and offline. I knocked some major toys off my wish list. The Hot Wheels Car Culture series has started popping up in my area. I've even found new models from brands such as Greenlight, Racing Champions, and Auto World. Most of all, I've been able to score some smoking hot deals on the big cars. Take, for example, this Minichamps 1/18 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series.


Minichamps is like that free agent who is merely a role player for the team but wants a max contract. The detail is only slightly better than some of the better low-end brands but they're priced in the premium range where they are easily outperformed by the competition. However, in this game, all you need to be successful is to make the cars that nobody else does, at which point you can essentially get away with straight robbery. Just a little heads up for the new collectors...

For the record, I found this one for about a third of what it normally goes for, and I couldn't be happier, missing right-side mirror sticker, sawdust, and all. The SL65 Black Series is nuts, and it's already one of my favorite models in the collection.


























No comments:

Post a Comment